POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : right x*image_width/image_height : Re: right x*image_width/image_height Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:13:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: right x*image_width/image_height
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 28 May 2004 12:10:30
Message: <40b76476@news.povray.org>

news:40b75628@news.povray.org...

> Well, for a 1024*768 image the difference to a 4:3 aspect ratio is just
two
> pixels.  I doubt many will ever notice.

Hmm, we have a failure to communicate here ;) This is about the unending
flow of users who try to get a vertical, square or widescreen image and get
a squeezed/stretched one because of the default 1.33 and then complain about
it in newsgroups or to TAG members because they expect the width and height
values to work right away (without requiring another parameter change), as
they do in other renderers and 3D apps (at least all those I'm using). The
automatic ratio trick is popular for a reason.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com